Take Back Democracy
Our 5-part plan to reform campaign finance
Take Back Democracy is our comprehensive 5-part campaign to fight corporate money in politics.
We talked with policy experts, members of Congress, state legislators, and progressive allies — looking for the most strategic fights to engage in, short term and long term. Here is the plan to take our democracy back from big corporations:
- Pass a constitutional amendment to overturn Citizens United.
- Require corporations to get shareholder approval before political spending.
- Pass the Disclose Act, to force anonymous big-dollar donors out of the shadows.
- Pass public financing of elections, starting in New York state — a major battle happening right now.
- Elect campaign finance reform heroes.